The Great Pig Escape! | Teen Ink

The Great Pig Escape!

January 31, 2011
By LukasD BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
LukasD BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One sunny afternoon in a valley in the middle of nowhere, there were two farmers, one named Johnny and the other Jenny. These farmers always took good care of their 100 pigs. Then one day, they had to leave and drive 357 miles to get some supplies. They decided to leave their son Jack in charge of their pigs while they were gone. It will take them 8 hours to get to the town, that means that they will have to stay the night.
While they were gone Jack was dozing in a hay stack. He didn't wake up until dawn of the next day. He had forgotten to take care of the pigs.
Jack and his dog walked over to the pig pin to take care of the pigs. After they got in, the pigs stared at them with anger and started to run at them. Jack yelled at his dog and said, “These pigs are after me, after you!”. They went running away from the pigs as the pigs dashed at them. They got to the other end of the pin but forgot that it went into the barn, so it was a dead end. To Jack’s surprise, the food bag was on the shelf next to him in the barn.
He grabbed the bag from the shelf and quickly filled up the pigs’ troughs. The pigs loved him for feeding them so they stopped chasing him and his dog. A few hours later, his parents got home and thought that he had taken care of the pigs at the time he was supposed to.