Original Story | Teen Ink

Original Story

By Zander79 BRONZE, Garrison, Minnesota
Zander79 BRONZE, Garrison, Minnesota

The truth is everyone is gonna hurt you. you just have to find the ones worth suffering for.
- Bob Marley

One-day Jimmy was walking home from school. He hated walking home; the older kids always picked on him and beat him up. So his mom always picked him up, but she had to work late today so she couldn’t pick him up. The autumn leaves were falling as Jimmy walked the path home. His mom never liked it when he took the path home. It went to far into the woods. But Jimmy thought he would be safe from the bullies if he took the path… He was wrong.

After Jimmy had been walking for a while he heard noises behind him. He spun around and saw tom, and the other bullies. Tom was the worst; he was a sixth grader; who loved to pick on Jimmy. And Jimmy being a small fourth grader, didn’t stand a chance. “ Hey guys look, it’s little Jimmy.” Tom and his buddies began to laugh.” Let’s get him!” tom shouted. As they charged Jimmy, he took off down the path. “ They’re going to get me.” Jimmy thought, as he ran down the path. He had never been so scared in his life. He could hear them getting closer, so he did the only thing he could think of. He took a sharp left and ran off the path into the woods. He could hear them chasing him as he ran through the trees. Jimmy started zigzagging to loose them. As he ran deeper into the woods Jimmy heard no footsteps behind him. He stopped to catch his breath and realized he was lost. He looked around to try to find the path but he was too deep. He did the only thing he could think of, go back the way he came.

After awhile it started to get dark, and Jimmy was still lost. He knew he would never be able to find his way in the dark. He tried calling out for help, but no one ever answered. So he decided to try and find some shelter.

No one ever saw Jimmy alive again… His body was found a month later by police. He was badly decomposed and wildlife had been feeding on his body. Autopsy showed he died from a broken neck. Police theorized he ran from something during the night, and fell breaking his neck.

Jimmy’s parents never had more kids. They moved away after Jimmy’s death. Every day people from the school go to Timmy’s grave and pay his or her respects to him; and hope he is in a better place now.