This Kid | Teen Ink

This Kid

By marinegames18 BRONZE, Patchogue, New York
marinegames18 BRONZE, Patchogue, New York

"One to all or all to one"

I always see this one kid so happy about Christmas. I mean, what is so good about it? Some fat guy comes and delivers presents and we all act like it’s a great day. But, I think Christmas is stupid, I like Halloween way better, in many different ways.

Anyway, I always see this one kid so overjoyed about Christmas. As soon as it starts snowing, this kid jumps up and down every day. I think it’s childish, but he doesn’t seem to notice. In my science class, this kid starts explaining to everybody how snow forms. In art class, he draws a picture of Santa and his reindeer. In other classes, he says the same 3 words over and over again. Snow, Santa, Presents. Try dealing with that for 9 periods straight.

Eventually, I got annoyed. This kid was affecting my grades in every class I was in. The teachers told me that just because it was Christmas, I shouldn’t be putting my grades aside. You don’t want to know what thought of that statement. So, since that kid was affecting my grades, I devised a plan. I was going to scare this kid, on Christmas. It was perfect! He would get so scared, he wouldn’t like Christmas anymore. It was bulletproof, and best of all, I the one who came up with it.

For the next 2 days, I had my entire plan setup. I already made my mask, which looked both scary and amazing. I made my big red suit, and my Santa hat. Everything was set, except I didn’t make a present. So, I made a nice present for this kid, a very nice present…

It finally came. Christmas is tomorrow, and today is the day I set out. I have my suit, my present, and other materials. So, I set out on my journey, and started walking to this kid’s house. It took a long time to get there because of all the snow. When I finally arrived at this kid’s house, I opened the front door. I crept slowly up the stairs and saw the Christmas tree. I positioned myself behind the tree so silently, and quickly. And then I waited. And waited, and waited. Then, the kid finally came out. I knew he would want to see Santa, no matter what. The kid started checking out the tree, and I got ready to scare him. I was about to jump out and scare the kid, until someone landed behind me. I turned around and saw a man in red and white clothing. The strange figure was carrying a brown sack and presents were coming out of it. Then, this guy walked right up to the kid, and started chatting with him! This kid was clearly overjoyed to see this man, and so was the man. The kid showed this guy where the cookies were, and the guy ate them all up. After that, the guy took out presents from the bag and put them under the tree. That’s when I realized that this guy was Santa Claus! I came out from under the tree and exposed myself. Santa said he knew I was there all along, because he knows when kids are sleeping and when they are not. I apologized to him, and he forgave me. He offered me a ride home, and I said yes.

Now, I believe in Santa Claus. Believe it or not, I talked to him in person. That kid became my best friend, and we both love Christmas now. Halloween is now my second favorite holiday, but I still enjoy it. So, now I feel happy every day, and everything is good. You should believe in Santa, because you never know when he might pop up out of nowhere while you are hiding under a tree.