Two French Goats | Teen Ink

Two French Goats

By Mayim12 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
Mayim12 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California

Dr. Avi asked me what. Hesitantly, I answered. I told him how she remembers collecting eggs with mama in the springtime. It was breezy. She remembers that the sky was bright and blue. She remembers how her mother said she could wear her white cotton eyelet dress if she wore a cardigan on top. She remembered blowing on dandelions and watching them float, then sink in the mid-morning air. She remembers her frizzy black hair flowing in the wind.

Then Dr. Avi asked me what he remembers. I sighed. I was starting to regret coming here. I told him how remembers how his father pelted eggs against his bare back. He remembers how itchy his clothes were. He remembers how people pulled his hair until his roots came out. He remembers how the wind made the corner of his eyes fill with tears.

I ended this session by telling Dr. Avi that sometimes two isn’t better than one.

As a two-spirit individual, I was born male and female. Growing up for me was very hard. They're are two sides to everything. Please understand how hard it is for Two-Spirit and Gender Fluid people.

Mayim12 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 19 2011 at 11:15 pm
Mayim12 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
Thanks for your input!

on Feb. 19 2011 at 4:13 pm
katroxursox BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

"And this is the message I have heard and proclaim to you: God is light and in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

It's a good start, but it might be even better if you perhaps described a particular scene or memory from each one. It was very fun to read though, I love farms. <3

Mayim12 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 15 2011 at 8:09 pm
Mayim12 BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
Any comments?