Pink Elephant Chorus

I heard somewhere that if you mouth the words “Pink Elephant” over and over again during a song you would look like you’re singing the words right. My aunt took us to church the other day. It was the first time I’ve sung from a hymnal in a long while. I hardly ever go to church but when I do it wasn’t this kind where you had to dress up in uncomfortable shoes or smile nicely at all the old people who shook your hand during the visitation period like this place was. I didn’t even look down at the “Hickory Presbyterian” Hymnal after a few measures into one of the many songs and proceeded to mutter Pink Elephant in rhythm to the melody. It was a rather large church. It reminded me of the church my parents took me to when I was little. It had stained glass windows that reached the high ceiling and a choir dressed in purple robes. There was no preacher and no message. More like six or seven mini-messages in between which were more songs. The pews were filled and I laughed at the thought of the 200 people gathering in their finest clothes on the crisp Sunday to sing the Pink Elephant chorus. I was so enthralled with my trick I swore I heard the entire congregations sing “oh Pink Elephant Pink Elephant Oh” With as much vigor as the Hallelujah chorus.

UNCPanda said...
I've done the same thing.