Black Ice

"Savage of the cold, may I beseech that you lay mercy upon my skin, that I may awaken from this arctic nightmare! The absolute embrace of your bitter winter solstice has deafened away my once eternal, warm bliss. Hellfire is at a standstill beneath the cool shadow of the blackened snow. The blood that pumps my heart has lost its means of humanity, stilled by the permafrost, and my soul must frost upon my existence that I might die where I stand. The dry air of negative below is but a shivering whisper in my ear; a chilly song that sings the poignant tune of an alternate netherworld of everlasting ice. Boreas of the cold winter north, what have we done that your opposite inferno ferments the ongoing death of this bloody season? My mind is still now…My breath is thick and tasteless…Your lust for a perpetual, frozen purgatory intrigues yet disgusts me…But now I do not worry…I shall find my interminable warmth in the pits of hell. I will coat myself with the devil's jacket, and swim in the lake of fire. Forever will I sleep beneath the black ice, never to feel the demons of the cold freeze my tears and grind my being to dust… I will once again find my bliss. My agony will decease, and my ecstasy will awaken at the sight of my burning flesh…Magnificent…"

Stormyflight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

A thought just hit me, if you have not already you may want to experiment with free form poetry.

just putting it out there

Keep writing!!

CoryMcIntosh04 replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 9:13 am :
Ive actually done that haha I've written one poem called Virgin Storm that I posted on here haha

.......Part of me wanted to clutch a bible and hide under the bed. The writer in me however dropped his jaw when reading this. You wield the English language like a master fencer his blade..... Keep it up, you have a gift! *gets right into your face, eyelashes touching* dont let anyone tell you different!!

CoryMcIntosh04 replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 9:12 am :
haha thank you so much! I def. want to use this talent that I've been given for something good, I just need to make sure I have yours and everyone else's support!