Ocean | Teen Ink

Ocean

By Samantha2016 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Samantha2016 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

OCEAN: the ocean was rushing up the shore and a little girl was running in the sand. Her feet sinking in the wetness as sand flew behind her from her feet. The water rushed against her legs as a long, slimy, cold piece of seaweed wrapped around her leg and clung to her. She tried shaking it off but it wanted to stay. She shrieked and fell to the ground whipping her leg back and forth trying to get the seaweed off of her. Finally as she pulled it away from her leg she shook it off of her hand like you do to get a long piece of hair off your tongue, a huge wave came crashing on her. The bitter taste of salt filled her mouth. The burning sensation burned her eyes, she tried to stand. she couldn’t feel the bottom. A deep feeling of panic took over her body. Wanting to be safe again... she was drowning. She put her hands above the surface of the water trying to get someones attention. But there was no one watching. Until she heard her mother calling her name. The little girl tried to bob her head above the water so she could see her moms face again, the face that was always that comforted her. Just thinking of her mom made her feel safe, but not safe enough. The strength of the current kept pulling her farther and farther into the deep, scary ocean.

A tall thin woman took a sip of her coffee, and opened the news paper. The man behind pointed to the article that read “Poor drowned girl.” and began to cry. The woman looked up to him and frowned, then looked at the article and said

“There’s our little girl.” and began to cry along with him.

We all looked at different pieces of art work, I looked at a picture of little girls feet in the sand near the ocean.

Samantha2016 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Thank you!

Ultim@te SILVER, Sisters, Oregon
Wow, that's intense!! I am afraid of drowning....haha I can totally relate! Great job!!!:)