Old Photographs | Teen Ink

Old Photographs

By Riki Sagraves SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
Riki Sagraves SILVER, Dayton, Ohio

Lurking in that dusky pile up in this mysterious attic lies a photograph torn and ripped of an army hero back from the war broken glass shattered upon it and no one had ever fixed it, it just sat in the attic to gather dust, i imagined that this was a lonely woman's house who was once in love with this world war 2 veteran. As he was away she wrote to him all the time she couldn't bear being apart from him but she never recieved any letter back, local newspapers praised him of his victories and achievements this old woman waited far after the war was over hoping he would remember her and come back...she wanted to let him know in person that she had his baby that he was a father of a beautiful little girl but he never came back... Behind the picture was a one last newspaper cutting of his obituary it stated that if was a father of three a great husband to another lady that was not he,r no wonder she was lonely, after long years of waiting for him to come home when he was already in a different home with a whole other family