Looking Back | Teen Ink

Looking Back

January 3, 2011
By EmiiAngel GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
EmiiAngel GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
14 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's alright in the end. If it isn't, it's not the end."


I used to keep a journal when I was younger since I loved to write, but it didn't work out for me. It didn't feel real; I couldn't make myself sound like me. There was so much more I had to say, so much I couldn't fit onto that page. The emotions, hot and bubbly that couldn't be put into words. Maybe I was just a bad writer then.

Some of the things I wrote I would learn to regret. Like his name, scribbled with hearts all over the page. When I look back, I cringe, my heart threatening to shatter into a million glass pieces as it did before.

Now that I re-read what I've written, once upon a time, I see my life as something too fictional, too much of a book plot. But literature mimics society, I guess. When I look at it now, it was my life, no matter what. No matter how many times I try to forget, to erase it from my memory, it'll still be there. They're too much to take, a time I didn't want to live. Even though I lived it just the same.


The author's comments:
This was from a school assignment that I elaborated on. I used to have the same problem and I think just taking it out and putting it into a fictional character would speak to the readers.