Freak the Mighty book review | Teen Ink

Freak the Mighty book review

By Adam14 BRONZE, Cowen, West Virginia
Adam14 BRONZE, Cowen, West Virginia

Hey

The introduction of this particular story doesn’t necessarily give the whole idea of the theme of the book . It kind of dives immediately into the story about these two friends that over come disadvantages.
Freak is a little boy that has Morquio. His real name is Kevin and has a friend named Maxwell and he has dyslexia. The reason why they became friends was because they were always getting picked on at school. Maxwell’s dad is in jail because he did something bad. Maxwell lives with is grandparents Grim and Gram.
The characters are Maxwell, Kevin, Fair Gwen, Grim, Gram, and Maxwell’s dad. It is about two boys with disadvantages and something big happens at about the end of the story. The setting is in a little town. The theme is in an old city. The writing is fiction.
Again Freak is a little boy with a disease and his friend Maxwell has dyslexia. Maxwell and Freak became friends because they got made fun of. They both help each other out. Again this book is good for little kids and a book to maybe start a book club.
The reason why I liked this book was because it was pretty interesting. There were some parts I was really wanting to figure out what happened before it happened. Another reason why I liked the story was because I was on the edge of my seat. I liked the book more in 6th grade rather than junior high.

I love basketball