A Homeless Cat | Teen Ink

A Homeless Cat

By mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona
mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

If you had to compare your life to anything at all, what would it be? I would have to say a homeless cat. Yes, that is what i would say. This cat, it has a story, as does everyone and everything. It starts at birth, born as a tiny kitten, no knowledge, no moral, no understanding of its world. Yet, there is trust. Trust that it will be loved and tooken care of until it is able to as an adult. But trust was a mistake for this little kitten. It was beat, neglected, pushed aside, like it was insignificant. But it continued to trust, it did not know what else to do, it was too young to realize. This happened for a while. The kitten grew up, started to believe it deserved this abuse, this pain inside. After a while, the owners decided they no longer wanted the cat. They threw it out in the rain, like the trash for the garbage man. But it kept coming back, for it loved its owners more than they would ever love it. Each time it was rejected. One day, the cat finally understood. It did not belong here. It left without a backward glance. Each morning the owners would call for the cat and look around. They had begun to miss its quiet purr. But never did it return. It had wandered on until it found a family that would take it in, care for it, love it like it had always wanted. And that family still calls for that cat every now and again, but it will never return. It finally got what it had wanted all along. That cat, well it is me, and that is my story. So what is yours?