Not Like Us | Teen Ink

Not Like Us

By bobhot6 BRONZE, Irvington, New Jersey
bobhot6 BRONZE, Irvington, New Jersey

To wish to be someone else is to waste the person you are.

“Clench your bags”, she said. I never understood that woman. One glance at the guy- she had already assumed he was a killer. It’s strange how she couldn’t even feel safe in church. Yeah, I was there, just watching those whispers sink into the ears of her “sisters in faith”.

“Look at those dreads, that shirt, those pants!”
“Ugh, he’s definitely one of them.”

I was ashamed not only at her-them-, but at myself as well. A few bad apples make the whole batch rotten, right? One look at the guy gave these women the impression that they knew everything about him. A simple man in search of deliverance was judged and cast away by the very people who called themselves believers.

“Yeah, he’s definitely not like us.”
Not like us? No he’s nothing like you but exactly like me: a prisoner looking for the way out.

Nothing too specific. Just a late night rant about hypocrisy. Hooray for insomnia!!

CanNeverHoldMeBack GOLD, Manhattan, Kansas

friendships are like glass. sometimes it's better to leave them broken then hurt yourself trying to put them back together again.

i liked it!!! it's nice to know that someone else does believe in not judging a person by how they look. esspecially in a faith system. they should be welcomed, because, like you said, they are just a poor soul looking for diliverance!!!

And GO CREATIVE INSOMNIA!!!!!!