This girl | Teen Ink

This girl

By Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey

"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"

I screamed. A rush went through my body. I sighed. This addiction was deadly.

I sliced my arm across the wrist. The tiny cut from the slice alined with blood. A few drops started to spill out. I sighed. The pain started to flow in.

The reason I cut is like any other cutter's reason; To take your mind off of emotional stress. This is a secret that I share with the blade.

It is to be spoken to noone.

I sighed, time for 10th grade social hell. I shoved the bloody blade in a plastic bag and threw it carelessly into my bag. I got up and opened the stall door. I pulled up my turtle neck's sleeves over the cuts. I walked towards the mirror. I starred hard at the girl looking back at me.

What I saw was a girl with cropped dark brown hair with blue highlights. She had pale skin and a evil frown. She had too much black makeup on, it looked like she was beaten. She held a book in the right hand and her backpack swung across her shoulders. I frowned even harder. I studied her face. I looked for every last freckle. She had 9 freckles. I have 9 freckles. Her nails were painted black. She had a pair of black skinny jeans and brown Vans on. Her turtle neck was solid black exept for a dash of red near the stomach. It was from last year's stomach cutting-craze.

This girl, the one I saw in the mirror....

She was me.

It's about a girl who wants to fit in. Inspired from my friend Lana.

Poppyyyman BRONZE, Nannup, Other

Somewhere out there someone is laughing. They are looking down on us in our big round room, all pushing and scratching and drowning in each other, and laughing. Because they know, that they're not going to let us out.

i really like the last paragraph, describing herself and the girl in the mirror as if they are separate people, thats really clever and it gives it great rhythm. A few grammar mistakes, and i think you could try to improve it by not giving so much away, but i really like the concept, well done :)