"First Shot" | Teen Ink

"First Shot"

By MyersGirl BRONZE, Freeport, Maine
MyersGirl BRONZE, Freeport, Maine

"Never let the fear of the ball, keep you from playing the game!"

As I'm sitting here, in this open woods, staring through the trees at my sister ten feet away from me, I am wondering a simple question, why? My sister, a young girl, will soon face her worst nightmare. She is everything to me, everything. When she realizes what she is about to do, only then will she understand. She is staring calmly, probably wondering what will happen if she pulls the trigger, hits her target for the very first time. Little does she know that in a few short seconds her calm expression will fade away to meet a dull sad face. Little does she know that the smile surrounding her face will fade and cover a life-less dull face. Then a loud “BANG” and the sound of the body hitting the cold earth. As she now stares at the spot where the bullet pierced, Her radiant brown eyes fading with color and fill with tears. Knowing now that the lifeless animal that now lies before her will never breath or move again. Unlike the sun, it eyes will never surface again. The animal was dead and so was she.

My sister used to hate hunting and now she wants to and this is what I think will happen if she ever shoots a gun.