My Guy, Your New Enemy | Teen Ink

My Guy, Your New Enemy

By Amanda Izen BRONZE, Dix Hills, New York
Amanda Izen BRONZE, Dix Hills, New York

"A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws." Are there people in your life who are worth loosing to gain something else? Things have to be learned the hard way sometimes and eventually you realize that it happened for a reason.

I heard it but I didn’t want to believe what had just happened. My heart raced, ears tingled with the news of something that should not have happened, a mistake, more importantly something that will affect everyone. My group of friends, eight girls practically sisters were about to face a challenge. We have all gone to sleep away camp together and have abided by the unofficial girl code since we were born, until now.

Three words, " I kissed Matt.”, changed the dynamic of the summer. Lindsey kissed Rebecca's ex boyfriend, the one person in the entire camp that was completely off limits. Unfortunately, one aspect of teenage drama is that it does not just involve the two people with the conflict. Next thing you know they have their friends supporting them and it turns into a battle, and quiet honestly girls can be mean, very mean. Not only did our summer turn into many battles, it became a war. As hot as fire, as intense as training for the olympics, our summer became unpleasant. People don't always do the right thing but, what they learn from it is just as important as what actually happens.