It Lays in the Past Pt. 1 | Teen Ink

It Lays in the Past Pt. 1

October 21, 2010
By AnjiLegacy PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AnjiLegacy PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
26 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life has lost its meaning, continue on searching for its significance."


"I'm Celestina Emperador, age seventeen, grade twelve and I've been adopted into a Puerto Rican family. My parents are Jissele Emperador and Giovanni Emperador. We are very well off, so I've attended private school my entire academic career. Throughout my life, my parents were open about my adoption, but I've never asked them about my birth parents and they never told me about them. They did inform me, however, that I am of Puerto Rican descent. I have come to the decision that I want ot know about my past that I can't seem to recollect. I have to know, no, I need to know who I truly belong to. I have to find somewhere to start on this journey of mine since I'm too nervous to ask my parents; I don't want to seem ungrateful for all that they've done for me. Everything, eventually, comes into the light."


****
"I am Jinketsu Dragnuv, age seventeen, grade twelve and I have been adopted into a Russian family. My parents are Sashenka Dragnuv and Zakhar Dragnuv. I was always certain that I am of Japanese descent solely based on my first name. My parents have always told me that I am not truly theirs. I have never wanted to know who my birth parents are, but what I do want to know is why I can't remember the first nine years of my life. I have asked my parents and all they have told me was it is not something that I, myself, want to get into. That, of course, stunned me into not wanting to know. I want to know now, though. I want to know about my past, no matter how much it may hurt me."


****
"My name is Valentine Bianchi, I am seventeen, in grade twelve and have been adopted into a a wealthy Italian family. My parents are Aniela Bianchi and Vincent, or "Big Vinny" Bianchi. My parents were never open about my adoption, but they let me know because I asked. I knew something was different about me and my parents, so I felt like I wasn't their child. I've tried to dig deep into this whole adoption thing and I frequently asked questions, but they refused to tell me anything. They'd always say, "Don't you love us? Don't you appreciate what we've done for you?" So I don't oress the issue.Nevertheless, I can't seem to remember my past; I don't know why, but I can't. I am going to find out about my childhood, even if It's behind my parents backs... By any means necessary."

****
"Cole Nowak is the name, I'm eighteen, in the twelfth grade and have been adopted into a Polish family. Unfortunately, I found out about my adoption completely by accident. My parents Yustina Nowak and Piotr Nowak were arguing about telling me. Mom was in favor, Dad was being a b**** about it, I was on my way to get some cereal; you could imagine that I lost my appetite after hearing it. I asked them about my past, 'cause for the life of me, I can't remember. Dad told me not to worry about it. His exact words were, "You're rich, go to an expensive private school, have gotten every and anything I've ever wanted. Why the h*** does it matter who your real parents are?" I couldn't get a word in. I don't want to know who my real parents are, I want to know about my childhood and why in God's name I can't remember. So, I've decided, sorry Dad, I'm going to find out about my kid years whether you approve or not.


****
"I'm Celestina Emperador."



*
"I am Jinketsu Dragnuv."



*
"I'm Valentine Bianchi."




*
"I'm Cole Nowak."




*
"And this is my story."

The author's comments:
A short story I was working on. I sometimes get lazy with the way I write and this short story is the outcome of my laziness.