Silver Lake | Teen Ink

Silver Lake

By LiVeLaUgHlOvE__ GOLD, Geneva, New York
LiVeLaUgHlOvE__ GOLD, Geneva, New York

Live life as if you'll die tomorrow, Dream as if you'll live forever.

Even though it was late, laughter could still be heard on the banks of silver lake. Four pale faces broke through the shadows like four moons lighting the dark evening sky. 40 toes could be seen hanging off the old wooden dock, by the small fish hiding in the weeds. If the full moon looked down it would see their hands held in one another’s, a chain of love, of friendship and of joy. A coyote howled in the distance and as it did many coyotes answered it. Alone one coyote song was slow and lonely, but many coyote songs together were full of feeling. As the chorus of howls rose into the evening sky Alyssa shivered and Carissa pulled her closer. Erin laid her head on Maddie‘s shoulder and as she did she pulled them all together. When they went back to the cottage that night they all snuggled in to Alyssa’s bed and looked at the full moon. If there really was a man in the moon he was watching them. They did not care if they still were in their clothes. One by one they drifted off to sleep.

My friend's cottage which is on silver lake.. This is the beginning to a story about our summers there.