Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

I was born on February 3, 1998. I was 5 when it happened. My parents were pretty nice, strict, but nice. They loved me so, as they told me. I was born with tiny blond hair, named Grace. Every night before I fell asleep, they would tuck me in, and say good night and I love you. I remember. Except for, they didn’t love me. They didn’t want me. When I was about 8 I overheard them talking. My mom said in a quiet voice “if you don’t want her I don’t want her.” I was shocked, how could she have said that so calmly? I ran away later, with a backpack, my favorite books, a bottle of water, a couple of bucks, and a bag of chips. I was on the road, scared and cold a couple of days later. A policeman saw me and took me to the station. He asked me my name, and I said my name was Thea. They lead me to a warm bed, with a pitcher of water by it. I laid down and fell asleep. When I awoke, I was in a car on this road. The car stopped. I looked outside. There was a big dreary gray building, with a sign on it “The Orphanage.” I lived there for a while, as a shadow, as Thea. The kids almost never saw me. When I asked to play with them, they just stared at me like I was crazy. A kid said no way. I never asked to play with another kid again. I talked robotically, only if I had to. At recess, I just sat outside on a bench. One day some adults came in, wanting to adopt a kid. A girl. I saw the adults. A couple. My ex-parents. They saw me. They asked for my name. The counselor said my name was Thea. My parents saw me and showed no emotion. They explained to the counselor that they had always wanted a little blond girl, but haven’t been able to have one. Liar. The counselor pointed at me and said something. My parents frowned and said something, I think “no” Then the counselor pointed at a little girl about 3 feet tall, holding a stuffed bear. I think the girls name was Grace. She was really smart. My parents smiled at her and waved. She waved back smiling, showing her cute little dimples. I moved a little closer to the group. The counselor said the little girls name was Grace. I watched my parents face for the name of recognition. None. Grace, the little girl disappeared couple days later, probably adopted by my parents. Couple years later, I was 11, and another couple came in. They saw me and smiled. I just waved. I think I heard the girl say something like “poor thing.” I just rolled my eyes. She talked to the teacher. The teacher pointed at me, probably wanting to get rid of me. She never did like me anyways. The parents were silent for a while, considering it. They said something while pointing at a little boy. The teacher made the “oh, you want a younger boy!” face. My heart broke. I thought they really had almost wanted me. Couple after couple came in, wanting a kid. The counselor always pointed at me. Sometimes the teacher. Finally when I turned 12, a really nice looking couple came in. My hope shot up, but I forced it back down. They pointed at me. My hope shot back up. The teacher hadn’t even suggested me yet! Couple days later, I was adopted. The couple were really nice, not forcing me to talk, and they actually were really rich. They said that they were Janet and Tom, but mom and dad when I felt comfortable. I smiled for the first time in months, maybe years. They lived in a huge house, they liked to call the Hubo House. I told them my name was Thea. I pulled out my favorite book that I loved before “it” happened. A couple of days passed. I finally told them my whole story. My mom and dad both listened. When I got to the part were I was talking about my mom saying that they didn’t want me, my new mom looked at me sympathetically. They promised that they would love me forever and always be here with me until they died. My heart felt so could after they said that. Finally, some people that actually wanted me. They let me take whatever lessons I wanted. I was finally able to really show who I was. Thea, the shy, adventurous real girl. I was so happy. It was like a fairy tale. I started taking dance, lasso, and art class. Once, when I just came back from an awesome art class, I was speaking energetically to my dad and mom. “ So today we finally started the really cool clay project I told you about last time and I ……” I went on happily, knowing my mom was listening. “Ok honey, one sec. red light!” All I remember was the red light, and a huge BOOM!. It went dark.
TO BE CONTINUED

Anomonous BRONZE, Iowa City, Iowa
Alone Part 2 is OUT!

Anomonous BRONZE, Iowa City, Iowa
thanks a bunch!!!

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Thank you very much, so did you!!

Anomonous BRONZE, Iowa City, Iowa
Yup! You have such great ideas! Awesome story!

Thanks so much!!

coly33 BRONZE said...
on Sep. 26 2010 at 10:55 am
coly33 BRONZE, Lyndhurst, New Jersey

wow tht was a really good story i didnt want 2 stop it sorta warped me in u now

:)

on Sep. 26 2010 at 10:20 am
Anomonous BRONZE, Iowa City, Iowa
sure! id love 2 have more ideas/thinking (i know, i don't get it either) i'll check it out now!

Lol great!! Maybe you could check out some of my stuff if you want. I'd like to have some more feedback....

Anomonous! said...

Thanks!!!!!!! so happy!!!!!!!! :) i'll write more asap! more people want more, i'll write more quicker! Thanks again!

Hyper now energetic,

Anomonous!

blueandorange GOLD, Jeffersonville, Indiana
Yes!

This is awesome!!! Post more ASAP!!!