My Monsters | Teen Ink

My Monsters

By fandoms_for_life SILVER, Germantown, Maryland
fandoms_for_life SILVER, Germantown, Maryland

I can feel it, I can hear it. Those evil monsters are in the room with me, but I cannot see them ruining my life. I'm too busy hiding in the corner, covering my ears and closing my eyes. They've been talking for a long time and now they’re yelling at each other. I'm just here, like a coward, with no escape. It’s like I’m air, invisible and silent, yet I can hear everything. Sweat drenches my forehead and my nose is painfully running. I sneeze and the monsters stop for a moment, but continue after a while. They're screaming about everything there is to scream about-money, unfairness, clothes, and much more. I quickly open one eye to see the two monsters fighting. One monster is a male with a big tattered shirt and tie and hairy eyes. The other monster is a female, with dark red monster lipstick and a worn wine-colored dress. Their bodies are the slimiest green skin you could ever imagine. There were only three stick fingers on each of their pudgy hands and three on their feet. I hear my younger sister come back into the house and set down her sleeping bags. I really want to warn her, before it's too late, but the monsters are blocking the exit. I bit my lip and opened the other eyes. The monsters grow silent and hear my little sister. Suddenly, they transform into something different just as my little sister turns the door knob. Standing in front of her, my parents smile at her and ask her how the sleepover was. I could not believe my eyes and ears! I think my eyes are deceiving me. My parents had evolved into those ugly monsters as they were arguing and had swiftly changed back, so their children wouldn't see their true identity. Little did they know, I was in the room the whole time and knew everything.
THE END

on Oct. 1 2010 at 8:52 pm
living4God BRONZE, Matthews, North Carolina

'Be content with God but discontent with how you serve God.'

Courage isn't the absense of fear, it's the ability to do what you have to do in spite of it

wow! surprise ending! that was cool how you portrayed the parents as monsters and how they fight and stress about a lot of things. overall, good work!

Babylufin GOLD said...
on Sep. 22 2010 at 6:44 pm
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

Awesome! This is crazy cool! :) Good work!!

Please take a look at some of my work if you have the time?