This is why. | Teen Ink

This is why.

By Lindseylalala GOLD, Zephyrhills, Florida
Lindseylalala GOLD, Zephyrhills, Florida

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are- Kurt Cobain

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.- David Frost

If music be the food of love, play on.- Shakespear

Harsh judgement slaps us all in the face. Why isn’t it possible to be who you really and truly are? Why is that so hard? I hate judgements. Is doing one thing wrong make you the person are? There should be more than just a grocerie store label tattooed on our forehead by our peers. More than just a stupid steriotype. Cheerleader, football player, nerd, goth and the quiet loners. We only scratch the surface. Teenagers have been categorized and bar coded into a colum of boring and forgotten self-estyem. I’m not perfect. Why should I be? I fall under steriotypes. I believe the steriotypes. They are given by the picture perfect clique who have been naturally given their own. They think middle school is inconsequential. They think life is inconsequential. They have no rules. No one to answer to. No one to give them the name they must suffer through life with. But themselves. I hunger for their freedom. Their loss of sagacity, because no matter what they do, they are still talked about. And I guess, in some weird mannor, they find satisfaction from it. Gossip, gossip, gossip. They have no reason gor the condesending labels they pass out at random. It’s totally spontanuios. They have no idea of their actions. I am tenacious. I will not give up. I will not give in.These are the reasons why the quote is in existance. People are giving in to the categories and are blending in with the rest of the apethetic teenagers of the 21st century. The generation is for change, but not like this.

I had to do this article as an English assignment, you had to start with a quote(: