Running | Teen Ink

Running

September 11, 2010
By Justme137 BRONZE, Deland, Florida
Justme137 BRONZE, Deland, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
All people are insane, they will do anything at anytime and God help anyone who looks for reasons.
-Kurt Vonnegut-


I’m running out of time. You’re chasing me, your getting closer. My defenses are weakening every time you touch me. Your caress is overwhelming, and I forget all the pain you’ve caused me, all the tears I’ve cried for you. You’ve done nothing for me; I’ve done everything for you. And no, you’re not the only one, too ignorant to realize the pain I go through. No matter what I do, whom I trust, I end up back in the same place. I hurt with out knowing, and then feel the pain myself. You’re burden is too much for me to bear, my tears are becoming more frequent. I used to never cry, until I started to trust, to finally love without thinking. I guess that’s the price you pay, the more you love, the more you hurt. I’m not even sure what love is, and the only time I try, I get stabbed. I can no longer deal with the pain, the hate; the kisses or the words.
You’re getting closer and I can no longer run.


The author's comments:
The objective of this piece is for people to pay attention. To think about the actions they've caused.