Letters to an Angel | Teen Ink

Letters to an Angel

By haylie.fitch BRONZE, Inez, Kentucky
haylie.fitch BRONZE, Inez, Kentucky

"If you spent your whole life concentrating on what everyone thought of you, would you forget who you really were? What if the face you showed the world turned out to be a mask... with nothing beneath it." _ Jodi picoult

Dear Momma,
Hi momma, i know its been sometime. but i know you still remember me, my brown curls and green eyes. I sometimes see the hurt streaming from your eyes. When you pass my butterfly bedroom and when you see my baby pictures from not so long ago.
Momma i know you don't think its fair, that God chose me and not you. Momma you were stronger and the truck wasn't on your side.

Momma i know he should have been watching the rode but he had a reason not to. His daughter died that day, I saw her here she is pretty and my age.

Momma when i entered the pearly gates, God told mer he needed another angel to fit the tiny wings. The wings are a slivery glaze momma with ruby rhine stones and the halo is gold and floats above my head.

Momma do you remember how my head was hurt and how my legs were broke? Well, that don't matter now momma because i have everything new.
Momma i cant feel the earth anymore and i don't know any pain. Instead i sing this song and it feels me up in every way.

Momma he said he would give me a gift but, i asked him to give it to you. Just how you taught me momma i asked very nicely.

He said he gave would give you a better life now, you and daddy. How is dad, oh how i miss our good times.
But momma i have to go now. Father is calling me.
Goodbye mommy, i love you and will wait to meet you here.

love your little girl,

Emily

P.s. Always your little girl and always with love

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Once you go back and put in capital letters and fix up the punctuation, this will be a great story! The imagery was beautiful and I love the innocense with which the character writes! Great job and keep writing.

singergurl12 GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

Fairy tales are true, not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

Other than some major spelling errors, this is a really great story! i love the vioce you give Emily, all innocence and sweetness. Beautiful imagery. keep writing! Would you mind checking out my peices "What About the Weeds?" and/or "Black Roses"? thanks bunchez ;)