You belong With Me

...and yes, it did scare the cr** out of me to think that I wanted this guy to be the only one for me (I mean, come on I was only eighteen after all) and that he could very well be (especially if what I wrote had come true the way it seemed to have), and that there was no one else out there. But on the other hand, I didn’t want just an ordinary boy and he certainly wasn’t ordinary. Not to mention no one else seemed to hold my attention very long like he did. In fact, he was the only boy that could. I thought the others had, and maybe at the time yeah, but now with the way things stood, he was the only one. When I went out or talked to other boys, yeah the attention was nice, but that was as far as that went. I didn’t actually “like” these boys. They were cute and all, and nice, but there was no real connection. I was only paying attention to them because, well...they were sweet. They had potential, but they weren’t what I was looking for. I liked them, but...no.

It's like how when you have a favorite song. You really really like that song and you play it over and over, and it never gets old. And even when the radio is playing all sorts of other songs, you think to yourself that they have a good beat, and you like the words, but the original one is still your favorite. It's the same with him.