Giving Up | Teen Ink

Giving Up

By Agarwaen SILVER, El Paso, Texas
Agarwaen SILVER, El Paso, Texas

You're a broken wing/ Not a broken thing/ You can heal in time/ If you try/ It'll be okay/ You can walk away/ Sweet Julia// -"Broken Wing" by Thousand Foot Krutch

You may or may not have noticed, but I'm giving up on you slowly. Not all at once like some people do, but slowly so that maybe you'll change your mind. If you don't , it'll be your loss then. Some special guy will get the opportunity that you turned down.

I'm giving up on you slowly because maybe you'll snap back into the old self that I long to be with. I've tried to do that but you just push me away like a fly in your face. Am I that incompatible with you? That's the may reason that I'm giving up on you.

The other would be that I've noticed that I'll walking with you and a group of friends, and you start to talk to the other people and ignore me. I'm not invisible!

I'm giving up on you. Not all in one blow, but giving up on you ever so slowly. You might not even notice it until you realized that I'm not by your side anymore. Or maybe that you'll hear from a friend that whenever I look or come near you I cry.

I hope you'll notice I'm giving up on you. Maybe then will you change into your old self that I long to stand next to proudly.