The Truth | Teen Ink

The Truth

Most people think I’m weird or different. They don’t like me, but they really don’t know me. The problem is I lose interest in things quickly so I need people who are fast and can keep up with me. There was this guy that used to run around my block every morning. He was only 22 and I called him the morning runner. One morning, he decided to run the other block, but he never did. A police car ran over him. The crime scene was a mess. I'm not a fast runner like the morning runner. I can't do something for a long time. I lose interest in it and need to start something new. I get bored quickly. That's another thing that annoy people. I get bored when I watch a movie or bowling. There are a few things that never bore me. Reading, writing, and drawing. I like reading, a lot. It keeps me busy and I get deep into a book. I never lose interest in a book. Sometimes I forget to eat, sleep, or even shower. But if you see me, you wouldn't think I'd be the type of person who reads for fun. But I look like a drawer. I don't like using the would artist. It's too mature and sounds like a word for snobby people. People ask if I'm a artist and it bothers me when they say it, but I answer yes. Drawing was something that I did since I was little. But I think watching that old guy on channel 13 every Sunday has influenced me. I remember exactly how he looked. He was half bald with white and gray hair and a beard to match. He usually wears turtle necks. I hate turtle necks. They make me feel so trapped, as if someone was chocking me. It makes me feel depressed if someone is trapped.

When I'm depressed I am in the mood to write. I never finish any of my stories that I write. The only ones I finish are the ones for school. But my real stories are unfinished. I never finish them. I either get bored of the idea or have a new idea. When I get a new idea I fold a page in half and start the new story that won't be finished. My stories are different every time. Sometimes I don't write stories. I write poems. My poems aren't good. My friend, Gabby, oh boy! Her poems are really good. They are all about romance -which sometimes bothers me- and they have so much feeling in them. I wrote a love poem for my neighbors. They got married last year and they were happily in love and innocent people. They went skydiving for their honeymoon, but that the last thing they ever did. I told Gabby about my neighbors and she told me about these 5 or 4 dogs she had and how they died. I felt depressed when she told me the story. My brother, Beck, died two years ago.

I was two years older than him, but he looked he was older. He was real smart. I liked him a lot. He understood me better than anybody. I could talk to him about anything. He was real nice kid and he never got mad at anybody. I remember when I found out he died. I was in the hospital, because this glass bottle fell on my right foot. I still have the scar the stitches left. I didn't believe that he was dead. I guess I was in denial. I couldn't go to his funeral, because I was still recovering. Beck died because of a drunk driver. I was real mad when I found out who the guy was that killed my brother. I got over his death. Books kept my mind off of his death. My mom, oh god! She still isn't over it. Every Sunday, she goes to his grave and lays flowers on his stomach. When I die, I don't want to be buried. I rather be cremated or thrown into a river. I wouldn't want to buried with other dead people. That probably sounded really rude and mean. But that's the truth. I went to Beck's grave once with my mother. I felt really depressed. I wanted to leave so badly but my mother wouldn't let go of my hand. I remember her squeezing my hand real tightly. I never wanted to go to a graveyard ever again. Now I always see Beck. We walk all over the graveyard and meet all sorts of people. The morning runner, my neighbors and Gabby’s dogs are my friends now. We all live in the graveyard together with others. I’m in the graveyard forever.

on Sep. 14 2010 at 7:20 pm
strangefirecrackers BRONZE, Richmond Hill, New York

"the fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own" - Michael Konda

thank you c"

on Sep. 14 2010 at 7:19 pm

thank you c:

on Sep. 13 2010 at 5:16 am
pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

oh wow this is really good! i really really like it(:

on Sep. 12 2010 at 7:05 pm
SushiPoseur BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

I really like this story! The whole thing has a cool eerie feel, especially that last line. Keep it up :)