Jessica | Teen Ink

Jessica

August 30, 2010
By Anonymous

So I know this girl. And she’s beautiful, right? Absolutely gorgeous and funnier than anybody I know and smart too, really smart. She’s popular but has a personality and is interesting to talk to and just plain fun to be around. But she doesn’t see any of this. She tells me her life sucks. She’s all hung up over the fact that her parents haven’t really been there for her these past few years and her on-again-off-again boyfriend is just screwing around with her. She complains about how her friends are really all backstabbers who she doesn’t trust.
And I’m just this guy. I’m not particularly popular…I’m actually a bit on the geeky side. I’ve never had a real girlfriend, and I don’t know what it feels like to love. But…when I’m around her, I don’t know...I feel like…well, I can’t even describe it. All I know is that she lights this fire inside of me, and I want to change things for her. For us. I want to give her all the love her parents haven’t and I want to show her that I am so much better than the loser she’s been seeing. I want to be her best friend, and more.
But this will never happen. I am the beast, and she is beauty. Even if she somehow found a want for me inside of her somewhere, her friends wouldn’t allow it. They chain her in a cycle of misery that will not be broken anytime soon, and it kills me to see her in pain. It hurts me when I catch a little glimpse of all the sorrow she doesn’t let anybody see. While popularity puts forth a beautiful façade, it can never truly supply happiness. That I have learned from her.