homeless. | Teen Ink

homeless.

By MARYANN. BRONZE, Anaheim, California
MARYANN. BRONZE, Anaheim, California

" Dont be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try "

I can't help it. I walk among these streets and everywhere I turn I see a homeless person, a homeless dog, even homeless families all curled up together. Oh how it kills me to know that they are suffering. There's a little girl sitting down laying back at the wall. I stared into her eyes for she did not cry but sighed almost as if she was saying to her own self "everything will turn out fine". Next I move on to a little boy I look at him. He's picking out food out of the garbage. My heart cries. I pull out a 20 dollar bill. I give it to the little boy, I said "promise me you'll share this with the little girl over there" I pointed to the wall. He didnt say anything for simply he went over to the little girl grabbed her hand and walked together to a store where they would by themselves something that will fill them up. At the very moment those to kids changed my life.

I hope that people realize that there are kids and families right now that dont have enough to buy or feed there children. That's why when we eat or when we are hanging out (mostly us teenagers). We should realize that we should be thankful for what we have and not throw it to waste but cause there are families and kids that have been starving there whole lives.