Walk Away | Teen Ink

Walk Away

By twin2 PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
twin2 PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

He was walking away, his jacket across his back and his hands in his pockets. She was laying awake the medicine slowely seeping into her body through a thin I.V. Tube. The mother was in the hospital cafeteria drinking black coffee like a white ghost that had no mind. Father was sitting next to mother, eyes skimming across the news paper without even digesting the words. The baby was at home with a babysitter giggling unknowingly at the televisitions funny flashing pictures. The baby sitter was texting her cheating boy friend stupidly under a glass table waiting for the parents to return unresinably late and resieve her well deserved pay. Sitters boy friend was texting the babysitter texts full of lies as he ran his fingers through another womans gold hair. Gold hair lady was gleaming and blindly in love with the man sitting next to her, secretly stealing away to the bathroom to call her friend with details. Friend was listening intently to the phone after a brutal night staying awake with her depressed mother. Depressed mother is sitting on the living room couch with the remote thinking about her best friend across town. Best friend across town is sitting in the hospital cafeteria sipping her cold coffee wishing her daughter was better. Daughter was listening to the I.V. drip as she watching him walk away. Jacket cross his back, and hands in pockets.

it shows how life is connected even when we don't know it.

on Aug. 21 2010 at 4:10 pm
MaddieWo PLATINUM, Marstons Mills, Massachusetts

"If I'd a knowed more, I would a loved more." -Pilate Dead, Song of Solomon

Well written :D

I love connections..