She's Gone (I'm Dying In the Inside)

I can't believe she's gone. With every breath I took, i felt my chest shake as if it was about to give out any minute. My airways were constricted by the overwhelming sensation of complete grief. I could not breathe, I could not think. I was slowly dying in the inside.

My throat tightened up and my eyes watered. As one tear after another fell from my red eyes, I felt as if my soul and body were departing. My throat began to ache. My head began to hurt. It was filled with thoughts of sadness. I closed my eyes in the search for comfort. I saw her. She was sitting on my bedside saying, "Don't cry. Everything is going to be alright." I managed to find the will to smile back at her; to let her know that she'll never leave my heart.

I opened my eyes, but she was not there after all. She was only in my head; my imagination had deceived me once again. That was the last time I saw her.

She is gone...

XxXsuicidalxkissXxx said...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:54 am
wicked poem =^-^= i really like it

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
thank uu !

inksplatters21 said...
Hmm really good description of grief.  It's such a hard thing to describe, but you did a fabulous job.  The one thing I'd look at is that there isn't really a story line, but great job.

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
thanxz so much.. i really wanted to only focus on this person's feelings and emotions. i wanted to leave the storyline open so that the reader would wonder, but i might add on to it one day. thanxz again :)