She's Gone | Teen Ink

She's Gone

By kenz2013 BRONZE, Moses Lake, Washington
kenz2013 BRONZE, Moses Lake, Washington

"Faith is being sure of what we hope and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

My eyes in a deep stare at the sky above as I watch the rain dribble down the window, making puddles in the creases that frame the glass. The thunder bounces off the clouds as you hear nothing but the echo. You count the thousands until the lightning reaches a point where all you can see is a glimpse. So quick. It pierces your soul with the theory of life flashing before your eyes. The darkness shadows over the sun and soon becomes nothing but black. Your heartbeat moves your shirt as it beats just a litle bit faster. The moons shines threw a small opening in the clouds maze. Bright and whole. People say a full moon is out like it's a bad thing. But I believe it's like any ordinary day. It's a superstition, one that one with many could believe. A shooting star soars threw the sky. I close my eyes and begin to wish. As I open my eyes it was as if I was struck by the lightning itself. Two hands shown in a mist of puzzle pieced images, one letting go. My mind focused back. I look once more outside but all was the same, the thunder still roared, the clouds still poured, and the moon still shined. I saw her. I reached out to graspe on to her. My face pressed up against the glass making a fog print. Watching over me she locked with my eyes. She danced to the beat of the thunder, smiled as bright as the moon, and was gone in a flash just like the lightning.

My Grandma inspired me to write this piece. Rest in Peace.