Dear Diary,

My parents gave you to me today for my birthday. So, welcome to my family? I guess. I'm not that good at this, you know, talking to new people. I know, stupid, right? You're not even a person! But I still find it hard to open up. All I can do is try! So here we go. My name is Mona. I'm 14, in 9th grade, and a little freaked out by high school. But of course, I'll be the new kid, once again! I should probably be used to it by now. My dad's a biologist, and he is constantly being relocated. I thought promotions were supposed to make your life better? But anyway, he promised (like he always does) that this time would be different, and we would stay here, in Texas, for my whole 4 years of high school. Let's see how long THAT works out. But anyway, I'm managing. Tomorrow's my first day of freshman year, and I wonder who I'll meet. Maybe I'll meet someone like Carla, my best friend from Utah! Or maybe someone like Anton, my old boyfriend from Russia. Hmmm, maybe I might actually make it here. I do already have a friend. You. I'll call you....Kat. You know, I think things will be different here. It wasn't even that hard to open up to you! Now, as long as I can do that at school! Until next time....

-Mona

blackknight said...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 12:03 am:
I liked this story a lot actually. It made me smile throughout it because it made me feel like you were talking to a person, yet the constant reminder that it is a diary.

hiddenbird122 replied...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:00 am :
thanks! 

BaileyBaby13 said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 11:30 pm:
This was so well-worded, and relatable. I really liked it. 5 stars! PS; did you already get Mockingjay? I pre-ordered it so I should get it around the end of August. Though I will barely be able to wait, I'm sooo excited :D

Mockingjay replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 8:08 am :
thanks! and no, I didn't get it yet. But I can't wait ! I want to see what happened to District 12  and 13. lol

BaileyBaby13 replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm :
i know me too, I'm really worried..haha,(:

hiddenbird122 replied...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm :
have you read Mockingjay yet? i didn't like it : /