Daddy's Baby Girl | Teen Ink

Daddy's Baby Girl

June 1, 2010
By Anonymous

His smile broadens when he hears the first cry, and looks towards his beautiful wife to see his first child alive and smiling back. His heart beats faster when his own child looks up at him and replies,”Daddy.” His emotions can’t help but show when his only child asks Daddy to play softball. Daddy can’t help but giggle when his child comes home in disguist realizing that school sometimes comes home with you too. He can’t help but be protective when his baby girl comes home to reveal that she has a boyfriend. His grin grows to a smile when he meets this very same boyfriend and feels comfertable letting his baby girl be with him. His usual happines overwhelms him when he begins to cry, escorting his only child down the long, never-ending isle, bringing his little Miss to become a Mrs., no longer even his little baby. His last kiss with his unmarried daughter makes him begin to cry, at least he can trust his new son. The first dance with his newly wed daughter sparks emotions, causing him to realize, he now has a son and daughter, and they’re happy together.


The author's comments:
We all love our Dads, and I hope you are able to reconize that. This piece was just meant to show us some of what our Dads go through. I hope this can help us all respect our Dads and realize that no matter what, they're only trying to help.
I Love You, Daddy!