Blog: A Girl Living In A Haters World | Teen Ink

Blog: A Girl Living In A Haters World

June 29, 2010
By Anonymous

One day I was sitting with my mom at this Cafe when I overheard a fellow teen say life is easy. Whoever it was definitely mistaken and completely wrong. They forgot to mention the whole meaning of life which could be everything between love, family and hate, you go through life on a roller coaster that goes up and down and if you’re me then you ride that roller coaster everyday and this time it happens to be going down.
Hi for whatever reason that is clearly unknown to me I seem to be starting my senior year at a new school at the bottom of any list worth mentioning at Middleton High.
My parents felt that I needed a therapist because they figured that all of the moving that we have been doing wasn't healthy. You would think that if it wasn't healthy then they would just stop moving but you have to go where the money is and that happens to be the military. They set me up with this therapist named Milo whose purpose is to bring stability into my life. Milo suggested that I write how I feel since I’m very opinionated but I told him that writing in diaries isn't really my thing. He told me there were other options like blog posting which I am testing this very moment as I write. Ha-ha. JK. So this is my first blog which I don't believe is supposed to be this long but I have lots to say and will continuously keep updating.
Now believe me whenever I start a new school I try to cure my unpopularity before it really even starts by trying to fit in by joining sports or a social group so far I’ve been pretty successful until I tried out at Middleton High's.
I tried out for the cheerleading team but my aerial was more flawless than Rachel Cox so I was rejected. Next I tried out for the swim team but my butterfly time knocked Kendall McCaw’s time to second and according to her that is not only unacceptable but impossible. (As if no one else can swim) so my time was erased and I was sent on my way. For my third and final attempt I tried out for Middleton's third most popular sports team tennis. Like the others I didn't make it and that’s only because my serve sent Layla flying to the ground. She said my serve was horrible and didn't count but the complete truth is she just couldn't return it.
I won’t be starting this school as some stereotypical new girl with glasses and a crush on the hottest guy in school. I’m actually 5"7 with a decently toned body and not to tute my own horn or anything but I’m better than ok in sports. I'm not ugly in fact I’ve been complimented on my beauty but don’t allow it to go to my head because beauty on the outside and beauty on the inside is a beautiful combination and there is no reason to flaunt nor boast about it to anyone. I would rather just enjoy it.
I imagined my senior year much better than this. I would have never thought that I would have a therapist or fewer friends than few. I imagined my senior year with friends, football games and hanging out. Instead I’m at the bottom of the chain and I p***ed of the three most popular girls in school who have the power to control any and every body in a school where everyone has a place.
I must say backing down to self proclaimed rulers of a school is not really who I am. Even though my haters are in high places I will do me always.
It's not so much that I’m trying to be popular it's more like I’m trying to cruise by senior year but that doesn't seem to be an option.
Well it's getting kind of late so tomorrow I’m going to strut down the halls with my own swag and my head held high.
They will soon find out that there is another girl in town and you know what the haters can keep on.




P.S. When I tried out for tennis I saw this really fine dude but I heard he was taken by Layla but I also heard she's kind of a control freak. Don't get me wrong I’m not into boyfriend stealing but all guys like girls who are chill. So they might need a break lol. JK. We will have to see. I'll keep you posted.