"What is Love and what is Hate" | Teen Ink

"What is Love and what is Hate"

By Pain17 BRONZE, Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Pain17 BRONZE, Washington DC, District Of Columbia

My favorite personal quote is "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true, that is how they define reality."

Many people don't know what love and hate is really about. A lot of people wonder why these emotions are directed towards them. The dictionary says that hate is a strong dislike towards another and love is an intense feeling of deep affection. My definition is that hate is when you truly despise, dislike, and can not stand being around another with a passion; and love is when you can't stop thinking of another and your heart starts to pound in disarray wanting them every second. Not saying my definition is a fact but it's my way of prescribing things. I also see it as hate is a demon inside most of us waiting for the right moment to emerge and take over your body, while love is an angel manipulating your body and mind to be blind for the one who is precious to you. Then again love and hate is equally matched. There are a number of people who hate just as much as they love. The world is full of hypocrites and honest people; good and bad, and trustworthy and fake. In the end before this forsaken world crumble their will have to be a winner will it be love or will it be hate.