The Angel of My Dreams | Teen Ink

The Angel of My Dreams

June 15, 2010
By sopranoobaby BRONZE, Fort Mill, South Carolina
sopranoobaby BRONZE, Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's hard to answer 'what's wrong?' when nothing is right."


I'm constantly hearing your name and constantly seeing your face. When I do, it never fails to get my hopes up. I run straight into your arms. Being there makes me feel like all the pain I have built up inside is shielded from me. I need that feeling of protection. So I simply close my eyes and enjoy it for as long as I can. I open them just a few moments later to find myself standing completely alone. My psychotic mind is playing tricks on me yet again. 

You are what is keeping me alive, a necessity. When truthfully, you aren't even really there. You're a vision in my head, everything I have ever needed or wanted. And you're just a blink away... 

When we are apart, I notice the hearts of those around me breaking. They see me causing pysical pain to myself. They try to help me, to save me from my misery. Little do they know, youre the only cure. I only do it in hope that you will return to me.

With you, I feel safe. You are the one who truly loves and cares for me. That is all I need; someone to cry to, someone to love me, someone I can love. Having you is like a dream. If only life were a Disney movie where dreams really do come true...        

I have found a solution. I will shut my eyes to the pain around me. I can easily escape to you... to a temporary happiness. So I will blind myself from this miserable world and forever we will be.