What matters.

I brush my hair and try to get it perfect. It's not the smoothest hair or the one with the most volume. But it's...what can I say? Alright for normal hair? The truth is, it's horrible! Theres so many split ends and...the color! It's hideous, it's like some kind of old knitted sweater! I can not go to school like this! What would Oscar think? I bet I know, he'd think: Boy is that Kathrine girl ugly! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness I have to do something and quick! I spray on the hairspray leaving my hair hard as a rock.

"Well that didn't work." I say to myself. I keep brushing my hair to TRY to make it smooth. "What do actresses do to get their hair so perfect?" I apply moose on my hair and slip it back in a pony tail. "Whatever it's either this or hurricane Katrina."

I slip on my blue blouse and my favorite pair of jeans. Which my mom bought my older sister at Swamp Meet and decided it would be perfect that I use a hammy-down (As if (rolls eyes). I look at my unperfect face and smile. Even though it's invaded with ugly pimples! I smile.

Yeah...I'm unperfect. But atleast I got the gutts to say it. Well not outloud of course. It would have to take an idiot to do that. Well let me go to school now and face drama.
I pass the wall that had a funny looking poster of a girl quoting something. I read carefully.

"It doesn't matter what kind of product you put in your hair. Or what type of jeans you wear at school. Or even if your perfect or unperfect. What matters is what you think of yourself. Not what anyone else does." I read.

KK2013 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
interesting! good! this message needs to be splayed LOUD AND CLEAR across the world. the I read at the end doesn't really help though, it is superfluous. There were some places of bad grammar, and some poor word choices, but it was good! loved the message it gave!