The Afterlife | Teen Ink

The Afterlife

June 11, 2010
By buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

My story begins when I am on my way to school. I would be walking down the sidewalk and some kids two grades above me were riding past me and hitting my books out of my hands. It happened 3 times until one of the hottest and smartest guys I know knocked them off their bikes the next time they tried to do it. Then he walked me to school and then home at the end of the day. He offered to walk me back and forth to school and home for the next week and of course I said it was fine. Eventually we started to go to the movies and one night he asked me to be his girl and then he kissed me. Sounds like a fairy tale right, WRONG! My life isn't even close to a fairytale.
None of that never really happened because my life ended a little early. A lot of people have died in my family and the first person started with me. That's right me.
One month before I died, I started to get, what I thought was the flu but when I went to the doctor they diagnosed me with leukemia. When my mother found out the truth behind my strange sicknesses, she said it was like her heart dropped out of her body and in the depths of Hell. We weren't christian or anything but that's how she described it. I stopped going to school afraid something would happen with my body and the school would have to announce a medical emergency lock down. That means that when somebody in the building is seriously hurt or sick all classes are to be stopped so that person can get medical attention fast without a bunch of kids in the hall. After a while, I was bad enough that I stayed in bed thinking whats the point of getting out of bed. Then eventually I was bad enough that I ended up in the hospital for three weeks and they finally pulled the plug and let me die in piece. I died on July 1, 1998, at 12:359.m.Apparently that was the same day that my grandfather died because he was murdered at 1:46 p.m. Obviously he is the second person to die in the family. My grandfather and I didn't go to heaven when we were suppose to because I felt that I had some unfinished business to take care of and my grandfather wanted to help.

"Sammy, my dear why haven't you and your grandfather passed over?" said The God Of Angels.

I replied,"because I have something to take care of. I feel like I still owe something to my family even though they can't see me or feel my presence and my grandfather, George, wanted to help me. I think I need to stay behind for a while and figure this out."

"Sammy, you are a very young and wise human being. Do what you wish and I will stand by you."

*******************************************

I was sitting on the bench next to my little brother and I had this glimpse of something I thought was impossible, but in no less than 2 seconds it started happening. I had just saw the future as a ghost. What I saw was my brother walking into traffic trying to kill himself. I realized that what I was watching was actually happening and just before a car had hit him head on I had him on the other side of the road. I never would have imagined I could move so fast.

"Richie, what is wrong with you?!? You could have been killed." I had forgotten that he could not hear or see me.


All of a sudden, I was lying on the kitchen floor of my grandfather's house and it happened again. I saw a glimpse of the future and then it was gone. In as little time as the last my visions were happening over and over again but with different members of my family and each time they were killing themselves hoping they could have done something more. But what they talking about. That is what made me confused and then before I could think again I would be in a different situation. Finally, it all stopped long enough for my grandfather to tell me that he thought I would be fine to do what I was meant to do and that he was going to cross over. Then he was gone.

I found myself in real life but my family could not see me because I was still dead. I realized what my purpose was and why I had to stay behind. My purpose was to make my family know I am here and try to make them realize that my death wasn't there fault and there was nothing more they could have done except love me.

"Oh, my dear God Of Angels, I have found out my purpose and why all of this stuff has been happening to me," I told the great man full of wisdom.

"My daughter, go do your business and when you are ready to cross over just let me no."

And no the God Of Angels is not my biological father. Its just that I was taught that all people are Gods children. Whoosh. Whoosh. Whoosh. Wow! I am in my house and my mother seems to be cutting vegetables until............MOM NO!

LOOK FOR PART 2 SOON


The author's comments:
My piece is about a girl that dies of cancer but she can't cross over just yet. You will find out why and then you will have to continue in the second part.