Hold Still and Look Pretty Jane

You better hold still and look pretty Jane, you better. They only want you when you’re young and perfect. Your eyes hold innocence and they sparkle when you laugh. You’re exterior is naive and that’s all they want. Don’t let your lipstick smudge, or your mascara flake. You better hold still and look pretty Jane, before it’s too late. You better not get old Jane; you know what they’ll do. You are the meaning of perfection Jane; it’s all they want from you. Put your shoulders back, and hold your head up high. Walk with an arrogance that will be noticed by every passerby. Move your toes with elegance, and move your hips grace. Look into a stranger’s eyes intently, and give them a conceited gaze. You’re pretty like a doll Jane, just like Barbie. Your waist better always be a ’24,’ and there better not be anything in your teeth. Being beautiful is complicated Jane, and you can never skip a beat. You better hold still and look pretty Jane, you better.

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great and SO TRUE!

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 13, 2012 at 3:35 pm :
sadly, that is