The Bully | Teen Ink

The Bully

By wallace1272 BRONZE, Upper Montclair, New Jersey
wallace1272 BRONZE, Upper Montclair, New Jersey

walked into Chungwat Elementary School and immediately saw Marcus. He gave me that look and I knew he wanted to hurt me. By the time recess had started, I was filled with fear. Trying to hide from Marcus, I climbed up to the big slide. I was watching Marcus from up there, because it was the highest point on the playground. Just when I thought I was safe, Marcus went out of my sight, and suddenly he showed up right behind me.

“Paul, I need some lunch money.” Marcus told me.

“Umm…. No!”

“Well then I’ll have to take it from you!”

Then I remembered when Marcus did the same thing to me a few weeks ago. I would not let him do it again. I pushed myself off the slide.

“Not so fast!” Marcus yelled.

He caught up with me and dumped me off the slide.

“Ahhhhh!”

I landed with a thud on the soft lawn. I was in a lot of pain and all I could do was lay down.

“I still want my lunch money!” Marcus exclaimed.

I was helpless as he dug through my pockets took my lunch money, and ran off. I used all of my strength and got up to make the trudge to the cafeteria.

That night at dinner, my parents thought something was up. When they asked me how was school, I responded “Fine.”

“No problems?” My dad asked.

“Yep……”

After dinner, I immediately went up to my room. I’ve got to do something about Marcus. He keeps bullying me! I’m just going to have to stand up for myself! That night I dreamt up a ruthless but revengeful plan.

The next day in class, as I was about to sit down, Marcus pulled my chair pulled my blue chair away. I landed on the ground and embarrassed myself. Marcus was chuckling.

“Hey! He just pulled my chair!” I yelled.

“No I didn’t” Marcus responded.

“The two of you just sit down!” Ms Johnson said.

That was the last straw for me. I was 100% sure that I would go through with my plan.

At recess I put my plan into action. I saw Marcus on the swing where he usually was and crept up behind him.

One, two, three!

I put all of my weight forward and pushed Marcus off the swing. He was thrust off the swing screaming and landed head first into the ground.

“Ahhhhh! Who did that?” I heard Marcus cry

I was long gone. Teachers rushed over.

That’ll teach him a lesson!

I secretly knew that Marcus saw me. I was trembling with fear. I was sure Marcus would kill me.

I walked into school the next day and immediately saw the big dark haired Marcus. He hastily moved away. I was shocked. My head was spinning. Why did Marcus walk away? Is he scared of me now? Did my plan work? All of these questions went through my mind. The rest of the day went like this. Marcus would not come within 10 feet of me.

“Whoa, Marcus has totally ignored me the whole day!” I told Johnny, a friend in the lunchroom.

“Well I heard he is afraid of people defying up him. And I did see what you did to him yesterday.” John whispered.

“Dang, I just wanted revenge.”

“Well You got it.”

For the rest of my days at Chungwat, I walked through all of my classes and the halls with no fear.