The Gold Necklace | Teen Ink

The Gold Necklace

By Petite SILVER, Seymour, Indiana
Petite SILVER, Seymour, Indiana

I crouched down to pick up a necklace laying in the middle of the hallway. I examined the delicate deatails of it, and slid it inside my pocket.

"Jennifer?"

I heared my name, and jumped up in surprise.

"What are you doing?" the voice continued.

I turned to face the speaker - Allison.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Allison winced, but replied.

"I...I'm looking for my necklace. Have you seen it? It's the gold one - the one you gave me in 8th grade."

"Why would you want it? It's not like we're friends anymore." I spat out.

Allison's face reddenned, and tears began to rimm her eyes.

"I...," her voice cracked. She slowly looked up, gazing into my eyes, as if searching for something.

"I don't know you anymore, Jennifer. You're like a complete stranger now." She turned on her heels, and dragged herself across the hallway. I reached into my pocket, and brushed my fingers on Allison's necklace.

Petite SILVER said...
on Dec. 18 2010 at 2:56 pm
Petite SILVER, Seymour, Indiana
Thanks for reading my work... I really appreciate it! Actually, this was a piece that I wrote in Composition during a session of "Just Write"... which is where we write the first thing that comes to our minds. But now that I think about it, I might write a piece that explains what happenned before this... Thanks for commenting! :)

LastChapter said...
on Dec. 18 2010 at 10:44 am
LastChapter, Hempstead, New York

(couldn't think of anything better at the time) "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

this was good, but it was very vague, and it left a lot to confuse the readers. for example, what has changed about Jennifer? you give no hints to her personality, and you don't have Allison explain how she thinks Jennifer has changed. you should also elaborate on the past relation of Jennifer and Allison, why it changed, and what is different. this story is good, so that's why i'm frustratingly wondering what happened?! you could definitely turn this good small piece into a great short story. please comment on my work:)