Loss of Respect | Teen Ink

Loss of Respect

May 25, 2010
By ben pasowicz BRONZE, Prospect Hts, Illinois
ben pasowicz BRONZE, Prospect Hts, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

"Hey Jimmy?"
"Yeah what's up Colin?"
"Are you excited to be a freshmen this year?"
Yeah I am, I cant wait. Your going to be a senior and you and your friends are gonna look out for me!"
"For sure bro, I got your back."
"On the first day of school, Jimmy was so excited to finally be able to go to school with his big brother. He looked up to his brother like an idol. Ever since he was little, he wanted to be like Colin, talk like Colin, do things that Colin did, and wanted to live up to his brothers reputation. Jimmy went into high school thinking that Colin was the cool guy in his grade. The guy that everyone liked. The guy that always got invited to parties, and that everyone knew. He was right about everything. His brother seemed like the king of the school. Colin looked out for his brother in the halls and kept people from picking on him. Jimmy was living the dream. He was known not only as Jimmy, but Colin's little brother. It was an honor for him. Everything was perfect for Jimmy until the 1st varsity football game. Jimmy was hanging out with his football buddies having a great time and then all went wrong. Suddenly, an arm wraps around his neck and squeezes. He caught a whiff of beer and weed. He turns around to see his brother laughing with all his friends.
"Colin, what the hell was that?"
"Nothing dude, just f***ing around. what the f*** you doin here?"
"Im watching the football game with my teammates, whats wrong with you?"
"Jimmy, im crunk as s***!"
"Whats crunk?"
"It's where you get drunk and then get high. Its awesome."
Jimmy was crushed. His popular, cool, godlike brother gets drunk and smokes weed. His heart dropped and his world was turned upside down. What he thought of his brother was that he was above the influence, and that everyone knew him because of his personality and how cool of a guy he was. But, it turned out that everyone knew Colin because he was the one that got the beer for parties and was always the one to get f***ed up and be the life of the party. Jimmy didn't know what to do. His idol, someone who he always looked up to and wanted to be like more than anything, smokes and drinks. Jimmy never looked at his brother the same way again. He always goes back to that one night where the image of his brother turned out to be a lie.