Hello Depression.

I hate that i had to involuntarily dive into the murky ocean water, I didn't choose to be this way. To be cursed by my own flesh and blood.

I wish i had learned to swim, in this situation, it'd help alot right about now.

But since i didn't, the demons of my own mind, their vicious faces, their vice-like grip on my ankle, YANKING me down, was my bible, my light, and all i knew.

The chill of the my body being dragged through the dark, cold water i this patch of sea, was the only earth that once spun under my feet.

The constant pull of the sinking tide, not allow ing my escape, was the way i always thought i'd be.

I was always pretty damn sure the without the chemicals seeping into my ocean, tainting my water, but nevertheless pushing me up, i'd sink...be pulled down.

But with my new positive mind set I've learned to tread, I've tossed myself a life vest, and paddled to shore. The light, the happiness radiating from my soul led the way. And i love the salty sea air stinging my throat, the light burning my eyes, the sand scalding my skin, cause' i thought i'd never see it.

iluvnacho said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 10:14 am
Love it because i can relate

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it, but you need to work on editing. Very nice story tho....

Rikki H. replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 12:21 am
thanks, yeah I have a tendancy to write on a whim and dont really edit it. workin on it tho.. :]

B.R.Nack said...
Very nice :)

Rikki H. replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 12:20 am
Thank you. :]

MaeFlower said...

I love the descriptions, but I have a couple questions (Maybe it's just me and my easily confused-ness :P )  Are you saying that the Bible is pulling you down, or just the expectations that the law seems to set? I'm kind of confused by this sentence "I was always pretty damn sure the without the chemicals seeping into my ocean, tainting me water, but nevertheless pulling me up, I'd sink... be pulled down."  what are the chemicals? And I think you meant That, not The :)  ... (more »)

Rikki H. replied...
chemicals, thats like a metaphor for taking medication, like tainting my water, even though it helps me "float", be happy, its unatural.the bible isnt pulling me down, its just a metaphor for the constand pull of depression being all i know, and how for some, the bible is all they know.

MaeFlower replied...
OHHH, haha, that makes a lot more sense! :)  Thanks, and sorry about being so confused :P