Shocking Surprise | Teen Ink

Shocking Surprise

May 20, 2010
By sam1492101 BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
sam1492101 BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

She faked left, but she went right. The squeaky sound her shoes made filled the whole room. She dribbled the orange ball a few times before it left her hands and made a ‘swoosh’ through the hoop. The gym door opened and then closed.


“What are you still doing here?”, asked her boyfriend. “We need to go.”


“Go? Where?”, Sam said holding the ball. “Oh! Today’s Wednesday, youth.”

“Ya. Go and get changed. I’ll wait for you.”

The innocent girl walked inside the locker room, unsuspecting of what would soon happen to her.

“Come on. Let’s go!” The boy yelled to the crowd outside of the gym.


Sam began to hear the opening and closing of the gym door and the sound of many feet walking inside.

What could that be? she thought. She and her boyfriend had had a fight two weeks earlier, but had forgiven each other and dropped the subject. Was he trying to get revenge because of it?

What am I gonna do? she thought. “O God! Please protect me.”, she screamed. She grabbed her bags, took a deep breath, and walked outside the locker room.


“SURPRISE!”, screamed all of her closest friends. Her boyfriend counted to three and everyone inside the gym began to sing “Happy Birthday”.


At the end of the song, the girl was very excited.


“Thank-you everyone!”, she said as she ran to give her boyfriend a hug.

“Thanks a lot.”, she said to him, as they walked, hand in hand, into the night.