A Letter | Teen Ink

A Letter

May 20, 2010
By TracyMarieK SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
TracyMarieK SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Dear you,

I don't know what to write. I don't even know you. Heck, I don't even know me. I guess we're just another couple of human beings, watching the clocks tick till it's our time. Our time for what? I don't know, maybe death, or maybe life, or something in between.
I should tell you what I'm like, and what I like, but I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess that's the mystery of being me, or maybe it's like that for every teenager.Have you ever felt like just another person in the crowd. That's how I am. I feel so good at something, and then I meet someone who does everything I do, and better. I used to think that if I got some thing that would up my image, I would become someone. That was the stupidest thing I ever thought. I guess that's why I like middle school. You feel like the biggest fish in the pond, and then you swim upriver to find another one that's bigger. High school is gonna suck.
Here's another thing. I wonder what kind of music I would listen to, and what brand of clothes I would wear if I was somewhere else, somewhere out of this world. I listen to pop and hip hop and rap,Then there's those stupid songs I have an addiction to that I won't put on my iPod because someone will find them and screw me over. iPods, cellphones(mine has a full keyboard), computers, and laptops. This is what our lives revolve around. Technology. Um, excuse me, but I don't really see the point in working your butt off trying to perfect and item like those, just to be outsmarted by the person working next to you, because your iPod design only had 4Gb, and the iPod touch has like a billion. Just in case you're wondering what an iPod is, it's like a portable music player that looks cool, and everyone has one.
Yeah, this is where my future's going. Into a tunnel, where I can't see what's out there yet, but I'm so sick of the dark I just keep heading for the end. I'm weird like that. Maybe you'll be like that too. Maybe you'll be some jock on the football team, or maybe a cheerleader. Maybe you'll be the genius in the class that everyone cheats off of. Maybe you'll be some stoner( If you are, I'll kick your butt, because no one in my future family will touch any crap like that) or the poor person who has major family issues and is all insecure( I hope not), or maybe you'll be like me. Sorry to disappoint, but I can't tell you which type you'll be. That's why we grow up, that's why I'm in middle school, and not having a family. Whatever type you are, I could care less. Just make sure to tell me when you figure out.

Love,
Me