go karting | Teen Ink

go karting

May 10, 2010
By jose1111 BRONZE, Menifee, California
jose1111 BRONZE, Menifee, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a boring day in Mexico when my cousin, my uncle and I were playing PS3 when my cousin says to my uncle, “Hey Juan, why don’t you take us go-karting?”

We immediately got in the car to go. My uncle stops by a local gas station to ask for directions. As soon as he finds out where to go we make it there in about five minutes. Once we got to the front, the owner tells us, “It’s 200 pesos for twenty laps.”

As soon as we got in, I took the black go-kart. We began to race and I took the lead.
“Just don’t crash the go-karts,” the owner said. After a long time of racing, we were on the 19th lap and I was in 3rd place. Moments later my cousin says, “Hey Jr., let’s make the owner mad.”

I agree with him and said, “Ok, before we leave, crash the others.” As soon as we start to crash, he crashes me! I immediately go off course into a drifting position and crash on to a set of tires.
The owner comes over and asks me, “What happened? I thought I told you not to crash! I’m afraid I have to kick you all out.”
As soon as we got home, I told my cousin how it was drifting. All-in-all, we had a great day.