The Almost Mistake | Teen Ink

The Almost Mistake

By thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan

I was walking down the road. It was the middle of the night, a gun was tucked under my shirt. I was sick of the bullying and the torment at school. I was on my way to end it.
A car was speeding down the road, startled I jumped off into a ditch. Within seconds the car was past me.
The plan was running through my head as i approached the road to the school. I was to hide out and when school began, well you know.
just as I neared the school, someone stopped on the road and honked. When I looked up, I noticed it was one of my fathers friends.
"Come here boy, I gotta talk to ya," he called out from the truck. Reluctantly I walked towards him. I had a strong feeling I knew why he was here.
"what's up?" I asked casually, shifting the gun so it was more out of sight.
"Get in Carter, I want to show you something,"
"I'm busy can't it wait?" I asked.
"I know what you're going to do Carter, you shouldn't. Come to my place and let me show you something,"
Glancing back towards the road leading to the school, I sighed and reluctantly climbed into the truck. He sped off down the rod towards his house. When we reached his house we went inside. He kept repeating to himself that he had to show me before it was to late. He popped a video into his VCR and turned it on. It was a recorded video of the Columbine attack. He started talking to me about how he knew what was going on. He had went through it before only he hadn't had an older person to look to. He almost did it himself only he realized himself what would happen.
"And I don't want to see you go through life in prison Carter, your father needs you now more than ever. You are almost out of school and you'll never have to deal with them again, just hold out for the next two weeks and then you are done," he told me as I was leaving.
When he closed the door, I pulled the gun out and looked long and hard at it. Sighing, I tossed it into the bushes next to the door. He was right, I didn't need to solve things like that anyways. I'm ten times a better person than everyone at the school was.

The Columbine attack a couple of years back inspired me to write this for a school paper. If only that had ended like this did.

thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
Comment please, like or no????