The Fisherman | Teen Ink

The Fisherman

By Morgan Maggard BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida
Morgan Maggard BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida

There once was a man that loved to fish. He went fishing every day, and stayed out on his boat for hours at a time. Now, since this man loved fishing, he worshipped his fishing pole. Every night when he got home, he would wash the salt off of it so it wouldn’t rust. He even kept it in his bedroom, unlike the rest of his fishing equipment that he kept on his boat. That one fishing pole was the only one he owned. His wife always told him that he should get an extra, just in case, but he never listened. He would just grunt and say, “My fishin’ pole is the best there is. Why would I go spend money on another one? Don’t go talkin’ ‘bout what ya’ don’t understand, woman.” That would end the matter.
One year, his wife got him the best fish sonar system on the market. The man was so excited to try it out; he grabbed it, ran out the door, got in his boat, and went to his best fishing hole. He got the sonar system set up and ready, and it showed him that the biggest fish he had ever seen was right under his boat! He hurriedly got the bait out, and then stopped. The man had just realized that his fishing pole was sitting in his room at his house. He had been in such a rush that he had forgotten his pole! All he could do was watch the record-breaking fish slowly swim away. The only thing that the man could think of while watching the fish disappear was, “If I had only listened to my wife and got another fishing pole to keep on the boat.”
What was the point of me telling this story? If the man had just listened to his wife and got another pole, he wouldn’t have missed his chance of catching the biggest fish of his life. Here’s the lesson of this tale: women are always right.

I didn't write this story for any particular reason, I just thought it was funny. I think that it's important to have some humor when you write.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Hahahaha, Funny :) Nice moral, though I must disagree, though I *am* a woman :)