Are You Scared Yet? (part 2) | Teen Ink

Are You Scared Yet? (part 2)

May 10, 2010
By wolf_girl SILVER, Concord, North Carolina
wolf_girl SILVER, Concord, North Carolina
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Demon was pawing at my bedroom door with aggravation. His barking was full of eagerness as if saying “Let me out! I can’t protect you in here!” Looking up I saw Melissa standing over me with no expression on her face. She leaned down and lifted my head by grabbing my hair. A knife was now at my throat. “Now, little sister,” she said softly in my ear. “I want you to be a good girl and tell me where you hid it.” Hid it? My mind was blank. I don’t understand what she’s talking about. “I know you have it, Amy. I’m in no mood for your stupid games.” I felt the cold blade come tighter to my skin. Though I knew I could die right here and now, I felt no fear. The only feelings I had were confusion and frustration. “Your sister needs to start talking soon,” her boyfriend said behind her. “If she don’t I might need to give her an attitude adjustment.” “There’s no need for that. Besides she hasn’t said a word since she was seven.” Melissa had her full attention on me. “Amy, I’m going to have you stand up. When you’re up, slowly sign to me where it is.” As soon as the knife left my throat I let out a little sigh and gradually rose up. “Amy?” With swift movement, my hands started to sign, “I…do…not…know…” With one quick motion, the smack of my sister’s hand made me hit the floor. When I glanced to my right I saw that my door was in reach. Lacking of thought, and my heart beat racing, I opened my door. As if he had been released from a cage, Demon bolted out of my room. His large body flew on top at my sister. A scream escaped from her mouth.