At the End of Ever Thunderstorm There's a Rainbow | Teen Ink

At the End of Ever Thunderstorm There's a Rainbow

She was scared, she didn’t know who she was going to tell first or even where to start. Charlotte was sure she was pregnant. After the third pregnancy test she cried for five hours straight. Her boyfriend Kris would be best to tell first she finally concluded.

It was two fifty-six pm when she decided to call Kris. “Hey, baby,” he answered. “What’s up?”

“I need to talk to you, can you come over?” she replied with worry in her voice.

“Sure I’m bout to leave for work I’ll stop over there.”

“Love you.” she said as she hung up.

About five minutes late she walk out her front door and Kris was sitting outside in his car waiting for her. He got out and kissed her on her forehead as she hugged him around the waist.

“Is everything okay?” he asked.

“Just wonderful.” she said as her voice cracked and she sat down in the passenger set. Kris walked over to the drivers side and got in.

“No really, what wrong sweetheart?”

“I had a dream last night.” she admitted.

“About…” he stared to get a little scared himself.

“ We… we…” she started, “we had a baby.”

“And?” she confused him.

“It made me think of the future” she said as he cut her off.

“If you wanted a baby we can have a baby, our future is nothing you have to worry about we’ll be fin.”

She smiled a little, “That’s good to know…. I’m… pregnant.”

Kris leaned over and kissed Charlotte on the forehead once more, “That’s amazing, I have to go to work I’ll see you later, Love.” She then started to get out the car. “Have you told anyone?” he asked as she was half way out the car.

She shook her head, “No.”

“I want to tell my sister first and then our parents together, is that okay?”

“Mhmm.” she replied biting her lip and getting out the car.

When she got inside she picked up her phone and call her best friend Kali.

“Kali, we need to talk meet me at the ice-cream parlor in ten minutes!” then hung up.

The ice cream parlor was only five minutes away from both of their houses, but ten minutes would give Charlotte a little time to think. The ten minutes went by even faster then she thought they would. Kali walked in to the parlor and sat in the chair at the bar next to Charlotte. An ice cream Sundays was already there waiting for her.

Kali took a bit then said, “What’s wrong?”

“Please please don’t trip.” she pleaded.

“Okay?”

“I‘m pregnant.” She said then closed her eyes.

Kali look at her friend‘s thin body then said, “Charlotte! Your only sixteen and Kris is eighteen!”

“About to be eighteen.” Charlotte said looking at Kali as she cut her off.

Kali lend back and crossed her arm, “I know!”

There was a moment of silent. Then Kali grabbed Charlotte around the waist and said, “You’ll make a great mom.”

They sat back in their chairs. Charlotte rubbed her fingers across the scars that were on her arms.

“How long has it been?” Kali asked nodding her head to Charlotte’s arm.

“A year and a half now.” Charlotte replied happily. “Just don’t tell Kris I told you, I want you to be the godmother.”

Kali smiled, “I’d be happy to!”

Charlotte then got a text from Kris that said, “I’m really not ready for this we need a break.”

Charlotte broke down and cried. She wasn’t going to force him to be around if he didn’t want to. She handed Kali the phone.

“Would you like me to walk you home?” Kali asked.

“Sure.”

Once Charlotte was inside Kali left. Charlotte then felt alone again. She hated being alone. She know she’d never be alone again though. Not to long after she got home Charlotte realized she was bleeding. She bleed four hours straight.

“I’ve lost it,” she cried, “I’m alone, again.” She couldn’t take it, she took the razor from her dress and pressed it to her arm just as her mom walk in the room. But it was to late there was blood everywhere. Her mom raped a towel around her arm and forced her in to the car.

Charlotte text Kali, “I’ve lost it Kali, it’s gone, I’m going to the hospital I’ve cut my arm, bad, but don’t worry I’m going to get help.”

This is all a true story. You may ask how I know? I’m Charlotte’s best friend and Kris’s sister, Kali. Form that day on my life’s been flipped upside down and tomorrow’s only going to get worst.

It about an event that just recently happened in my life that I thought would never happen.

fralexandria.elizabeth SILVER, Marrero, Louisiana

"the scars remind us that the past is real."-papa roach

its all pretty much true,, nothin really happens you get the picture she loses the baby, but her and boyfriend get back together after she finally gets home. btw i am not related to her boyfriends at all just really close. 

on May. 30 2010 at 12:12 am
littleleyah SILVER, Ozona, Texas

"When one doesnt belive nothing good can com from that." (ME!))

that was an amazing story it seems fake but it was wonderful im so sorry keep posting please!