The Cross of Hope Part 1

Dazed, I awoke on a chilly August morning in 2009 to my mother’s voice.
“Isabelle get up!” her voice sang from down the stairs. I gave a loud groggy moan in reply and pulled my blue comforter over my head, blocking out the light.
“Isabelle Leeann Berkly! Get up and get dress! I will not have you late to school on your first day of Jr. High,” still groggy I stumbled over to my large walk-in closet,
“This looks safe enough,” I said to myself picking up a pink baby doll tee and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans; I had just bought the day before on one of my famous shopping sprees to Rockwell Mall and Casino. I slipped into my clothes, pulled my newly strawberry blonde hair into a ponytail, applied my make-up and was out the door waiting for my bus in fifteen minutes. I didn’t eat breakfast most of the time so it doesn’t matter if I fall back asleep. As the bus broke over the crest of the hill, along with the sun, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what was to come next: my first day at Rockwell Jr. and Sr. High. Now most people would think this is a big deal, going to Jr. High, but after already having my entire family up there, I’m the baby of the family, the shock wears off.

I was dreading walking those halls, which my now late cousin had. He had died last month in a horrible car accident; I didn’t know how I was to tell my friends this without crying my eyes out. I had loved my cousin he was my best friend. He said that he was going to pick me up and take me to school on my first day not 2 hours before the crash. I bowed my head one last time before the bus came to a stop and prayed a silent prayer: God please help me. That was all it was, but as I held the necklace my late grandfather and the earrings my also late cousin gave me, I hoped it would bring me luck. I stepped on the bus and went quietly to my seat next to Ashlyn and behind her brother, and hoped for the best.

smartlady1997 said...
Hey guys if you liked this peice the next part is up

jessi said...
pretty good! there were a few grammatical errors, but nothing major. hope everythings okay :)

Proud Teacher said...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:28 am
What a heart touching story.  It shows what am important role your faith plays in your life.  I am so proud of you for your outstanding writing!